Recently Chaos Group on the Total Chaos event in the city of Sofia, Bulgaria has announced that V-Ray Next is now released and available to purchase.
V-Ray Next workstation license will cost $1180, current license upgrade will cost $580 and annual rental can be purchased for $470.
Here are the most notable features of the new product:
- Up to 25% speed improvements of overall rendering performance.
- Brand new architecture of GPU render is suppose to double the speed of render.
- Volumetric effects, environment fog and VRScans materials got accelerated GPU support.
- NVIDIA Al Denoiser and the ability of render elements to be denoised were added.
- Alembic 1.7 including layering is now supported.
- A new V-Ray Plugin and Texture tool was added, which enables to load any texture or material from all the V-Ray versions into 3Ds Max, including procedural textures and PBR materials for such engines as Unreal and Unity.
- A new Adaptive Dome Light simplify the process of setting lighting by removing the need to set up skylight portals in windows and openings, moreover it is up to 7 time faster then previous.
- Lighting analysis tools were also added to measure the light levels in a scene using data overlays and heat maps.
- Automatic exposure and white balance have been added to the V-Ray physical camera and the UI has been significantly simplified.
- A new V-Ray Switch allows to change between several materials, which are applied to an object.
- Physical Hair material based on a research adds sliders to regulate glossiness, softness, randomness, melanin controls change colour and hair dye settings to colour hair and make it look as realistic as possible.
The full list of changes could be found on their Youtube video.